Women's Health Queensland Wide Inc (Women's Health) is a not for profit health promotion, information and education service for women and health professionals throughout Queensland.
Our work is funded through a grant provided by the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
We are an incorporated assocation registered under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Incorporation Number: IA1085).
That every woman in Queensland has access to the resources she needs to experience good health.
To make quality, evidence-based health information and education accessible to Queensland women so that they have the confidence to make informed decisions about their health and enjoy healthy living at every stage of life.
Values and Guiding Principles
- Best practice - evidence based health information, continuous improvement.
- Innovation - use a range of delivery options/modalities
- Collaboration - with key external stakeholders, during internal decision making
- Independence - from commercial interests
- Social justice - equity and improved access to health information and education
- Social determinants of health - environmental, economic, biological and social.
- To make high quality, appropriate health information available and accessible to women via a range of modalities, with the aim of facilitating their decision making to improve their health.
- To make high quality, appropriate health information available to professionals and relevant organisations, groups and networks via a range of modalities or collaborations, to inform their service provision to women.
- To advocate for and promote women's health as a priority issue.
- To be an effective, independent and dynamic organisation consistent with its objects, vision, guiding principles and values.
- To maintain an active role in the development of the women's health sector in Queensland.
Download (PDF) and read our:
Last Updated: 13 March 2017