Our goals are:
- To make high quality, appropriate health information available and accessible to women via a range of modalities, with the aim of facilitating their decision making to improve their health.
- To make high quality, appropriate health information available to professionals and relevant organisations, groups and networks via a range of modalities or collaborations, to inform their service provision to women.
- To advocate for and promote women's health as a priority issue.
- To be an effective, independent and dynamic organisation consistent with its objects, vision, guiding principles and values.
- To maintain an active role in the development of the women's health sector in Queensland.
Our work is funded through a grant provided by the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- Midwife Check-in:
- A program for pregnant women and new mums. Women are phoned by a midwife and can be contacted regularly throughout pregnancy and after birth.
- Look after baby by looking after you:
- A pregnancy and parenting support program for multicultural women.
- Health information line (free and confidential):
- An information and referral service for Queensland women staffed by nurses/midwives.
- Cervical health information line:
- A confidential service, staffed by registered nurses and midwives, which provides women concerned about cervical screening (Pap smears) or cervical cancer with additional support and advice.
- Health information resources:
- Ask a Health Question:
- by calling or emailing our nurses/midwives.
- Lending library:
- Books available to borrow on a variety of women’s health topics.
- Educational videos:
Last Updated: 2 March 2017